To The Childless Stepmom.

If you're childless not by choice, you're making the selfless decision to help raise a child who is not yours when you desperately want your own. To be not quite fully a mother, but yet you're mothering. You help with homework, pack lunches, and soothe fevers, all while wishing you could also do those things for someone who calls you Mom - who runs to you first when they're hurt or happy.

So here's to you, fellow childless stepmom. You're a hero.

{The above was taken from the Inclusive Stepmom}


This is something I think about often.  I am childless, not by choice.  It has been forced upon me and I am doing everything in my power do change that, but nonetheless, I am still childless. 

There is no one to call me mom, no one to come running to me after school, no one that needs me or wants me first.  This is one of toughest parts of being a childless stepmom.  I see my husband get these things, I see other moms get these, but I currently do not.  

I don't expect my stepkids to do these things, after all I am not their mom. They have never called me mom, and don't view me a mom.  I have to be okay with that, I have to take what I can get and hope, that maybe someday, I will not be a childless stepmom, but a real mom to my own baby.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of Us.

A little about me.

The unnatural struggle.