Self induced pressure.

The truth is, I have a lot to say about my life as a stepmom. The good and the not so good. But it’s hard to post on here. I overthink everything (anyone else with me ?)

Being a stepmom isn’t natural, so there’s a lot of things that just don’t make sense. It’s hard to put it into words. We jump into a family that is already formed. There’s a BM (bio-mom) and a previous life and kids and in-laws and previous friends. In my case I moved to a new city in a new state, where there was a long history before I showed up. It’s not easy.

It feels like we have so many things stacked against us. Maybe, just maybe, a lot of the pressure is self induced, because of our preconceived notion’s. Maybe, we need to just let it be and to be our authentic self’s and not worry about what others may think, say, or do.

Just love your step kids like your own, love your husband like he’s never been loved before and go on with your life.
Easier said than done, but it’s worth a shot right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of Us.

A little about me.

The unnatural struggle.