Ease of vacations.

Every time we travel as a family of five.  Life becomes more simple. Particularly true for me, as a stepmom.  I get to live, if only for  a few days, like there isn't this dual life waiting for us back home. That it is just our family and there isn't a second home waiting for our kids. And honestly the mental break is so refreshing. 

I experienced this most recently while in Coeur d' Alene, ID. We were with my family. on the lake, resting, recharging, and relaxing.  Well maybe not relaxing with all the jet ski rides, and tubing behind the boat. But in so many way it was relaxing.  There is very little talk of blended families while we are on vacation.  It just doesn't come up as often, there isn't as much communication with the other house while we are gone.  

It becomes my little pretend world, that is just us five and we don't have to think about the other side of life.  Oh, how I wish it were just us five.  Life would be simpler, not just on vacation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of Us.

A little about me.

The unnatural struggle.